Wednesday 17 November 2010

Probably the Best Job Ever?...

The keen eyed among you will probably have noticed that we don't often post about everyday life, but today something has been brought to my attention that made me laugh so hard I just HAD to share.

This morning, over coffee and peanut butter on toast in bed (well, in a mug and on a plate, actually) my wife was casually perusing the Bristol Arts job section. I was in the front room busy typing away as we Etheringtons are currently working on some exciting new comic projects ... but we can't talk about those for a while.

Suddenly I heard the eruption of a broad witch's cackle. The laughter continued and continued and eventually threw me into a complete state of discombobulation ('confusion' - good to see my word of the day toilet paper earning it's pay at last). Inquiring as to the cause of the hilarity, my good wife choked back the giggles and pinged me a link to the website in question ... where I too paid witness to the two most tragi-comic employment opportunities ever created.

Grotto Elves
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Location: Yeovil
Salary: Undisclosed
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term - 6 wks
 
And yes ... I think you ALL know what's coming next...
 
Santa
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Location: Yeovil
Salary: Undisclosed
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term - 6 wks
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brilliant, hilarious, and yet strangely saddening at the same time. After all, Bristol prides itself on its thriving, contemporary art scene and these were the ONLY positions available ... and they're not even in Bristol!!!
 
And just what sort of 'undisclosed' salary can an Elf expect in Yeovil? I'm half tempted to apply just to find out if they pull minimum wage...